dmh
Sith Lord

Forum Posts: 264
Member No: 1
Since: 27 Jun 08
Darkside

A-Z Vol. 1
Added by dmh on February 06, 2010 01:53

Just so that everyone knows, the bonus tracks on the Vol. 1 compilation will be available as a digital bundle, at a very reasonable price, for those subscribers who want them without having to re-buy the same songs again on the CD. The subscription + bonus tracks will work out cheaper than the price of the combined A-Z CD volume.

Some people, like me, prefer digital downloads for their convenience and portability. I can't remember the last time I bought a CD. I'm glad I don't have to have shelves full of CD's or have to go looking for particular discs when I want to hear something. I sound like an Apple salesman but iPods / iPhones are some of the greatest inventions of the last decade.

Still others much prefer to have something physical that they can hold and really feel that they own rather than 1's & 0's on their hard drives. CD's offer the best sound quality and affordable format for the masses.

Our vinyls are strictly limited collectors items and are something we really wanted to do as we've always demanded our singles are released on 7". Even when previous labels didn't want to release them we forced their hand. The box when complete is worth it's price, it's a very sexy piece.

We always said we were going to do A-Z compilations. Those who feel duped / ripped off can get off their soapboxes, my heart bleeds for you... We're just past the 1/3 mark of the A-Z and the bonus tracks are only just starting to trickle out to subscribers. We've publicized the sheer quantity of tracks that have been recorded. These are all going to get used. This has been the most prolific writing / recording period of our career and we love the diversity of the output. We're under no illusions that not everyone's going to like every song / direction but hopefully we'll cover all bases by the series' end.

If at the end of the A-Z anyone still feels that they didn't get value for money. They can really go fuck themselves.

Peace out.

Mark

Countdown with Keith Olbermann   |   The Rachel Maddow Show   |   Skepticality   |   Real Time with Bill Maher

Point of Inquiry   |   Free Thought Radio   |   Scientific American   |   Are We Alone

FireSka

FireSka

Forum Posts: 1511
Member No: 18
Since: 20 Nov 08
Darkside

Re: A-Z Vol. 1
Added by FireSka on February 06, 2010 02:01

Sounds great! I'm really excited that you guys are offering the digital bundle of the CD bonus tracks. I'll probably go that route. And then in a couple years if I lose the digital tracks or feel like I need the CD version I can go buy the CD compilation. Good news!

-FireSka-
The Ash Files
My Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/FireSka

Owens_Angel

Owens_Angel
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 119
Member No: 179
Since: 01 Dec 08
Darkside

Added by Owens_Angel on February 06, 2010 02:02

Whilst I'm not a fan of downloading (always enjoyed the physical product, bands that made effort with artwork, booklets etc) I concede that it's a neccessary evil and recently I've been buying a few albums off of 7digital (don't own an Ipod and never will - I'm anti-Apple) and it represents good value and is 'instant' - equally harder to find stuff, like the recent Brian Jonestown Massacre album, was available for £5.

A-Z compilation will be good for those who just want an album on CD and no effort of downloads/subscriptions and also those who are fans but not big fans will see the product in the record shops and hopefully buy it generating the band much needed revenue

Anyone who feels duped really needs to look at the bigger picture, last time I looked none of the band were millionaires and are working hard for their money

O_A

soapbox part two

Post edited 1 times. Last edit 06 Feb 2010 02:04

"... you know we can't go on but we're still holding on... don't let me be the one to drag you down... "

george

george
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 227
Member No: 55
Since: 24 Nov 08
Lightside

Added by george on February 06, 2010 02:06

hahaha great ending. i'm grateful for all this stuff we're getting. can't believe people are moaning/complaining.

The Stranger

The Stranger
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 43
Member No: 2679
Since: 07 Dec 09
Lightside

Added by The Stranger on February 06, 2010 02:41

Digital bundle is very good news. I'm a happy camper now.

Koopa18

Koopa18
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 150
Member No: 623
Since: 05 Jan 09
Darkside

Added by Koopa18 on February 06, 2010 03:18

quotedmh wrote:

if at the end of the A-Z anyone still feels that they didn't get value for money. They can really go fuck themselves.

Love it.

Ben

Ben
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 619
Member No: 1097
Since: 08 Mar 09
Darkside

Added by Ben on February 06, 2010 04:38

Couldn't agree more dmh.

Wull_1977

Wull_1977
A-Z Team

Forum Posts: 779
Member No: 23
Since: 23 Nov 08
Darkside

Added by Wull_1977 on February 06, 2010 07:08

Mark, can you refrain from using such foul language please.

Hail to the king baby.

Helge

Helge
A-Z Team

Forum Posts: 349
Member No: 87
Since: 26 Nov 08
Lightside

Added by Helge on February 06, 2010 08:45

quotedmh wrote:

Just so that everyone knows, the bonus tracks on the Vol. 1 compilation will be available as a digital bundle, at a very reasonable price, for those subscribers who want them without having to re-buy the same songs again on the CD.quote

Sounds great, thanks a lot!

quotedmh wrote:

We always said we were going to do A-Z compilations. Those who feel duped / ripped off can get off their soapboxes, my heart bleeds for you...quote

Yeah, sorry for my ranting in the other thread... it's just the anger about the collector's gene being triggered, so that I won't be able to restrain myself from buying the CD. Crap, I'll probably buy two, one for myself and one to give away - there goes my lunch money!

quotedmh wrote:

If at the end of the A-Z anyone still feels that they didn't get value for money. They can really go fuck themselves.quote

I honestly doubt anyone would feel that way - even without all the bonus stuff!

Deal with it.

pilotwoo

pilotwoo
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 197
Member No: 50
Since: 23 Nov 08
Lightside

Added by pilotwoo on February 06, 2010 09:16

This is brilliant news. I'll definitely get the extra downloads digitally, but probably on CD too to stick in the car.  As i've said before, £13 for half the A-Z is a bargain.

Unfortunately for some people, life is about what they haven't got.

Post edited 1 times. Last edit 06 Feb 2010 09:17

Dan

Dan
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 35
Member No: 2224
Since: 19 Oct 09
Lightside

Added by Dan on February 06, 2010 11:47

This is brilliant. I'm gonna get the top up bundles as they come out, and then the complete set on cd at the end.
Yes, very nice.

Kay

Kay
A-Z Team

Forum Posts: 1535
Member No: 60
Lightside

Added by Kay on February 06, 2010 12:38

Well said Mark...I personally prefer having the physical CD so will buy it

Mike

Mike
A-Z Team

Forum Posts: 472
Member No: 12
Lightside

Added by Mike on February 06, 2010 12:52

My only problem with mp3s is that I keep having to charge my mp3 player.  Sometimes it's nice to have the CD so you can just pop it in and play.

Overall though, the A-Z series format suits me down to the ground.  I'm crazy about vinyl and the collectors box is a great display item.  Then I've got the mp3 on top.  I can download the track and straight away take it to work to listen to. 

I'll be buying the A-Z Volume 1 mainly for the DVD.  I hope all the single videos are on it. 

girlfrom1977

girlfrom1977
A-Z Team

Forum Posts: 928
Member No: 52
Lightside

Added by girlfrom1977 on February 06, 2010 13:04

It is hard to keep everyone happy.
I know I will buy the CD regardless of cost, anything I said was more out of cheek than spite so sorry if it got up anyones goat.

I too am aniti apple so whilst I use digital downloads sometime I will always prefer CD content, although you are quite right in the cluttering of shelves we buy a new shelf every year.

Lying in a darkened room the first time I hear my voice speaking

You are next in line the golden child, try to remind him "keep breathing"

Scared to hell, the pressure, conform to common sense

Cut off from your past, you're disconnected from yourself

Reach beneath the surface, it's time that you started believing

Now I will see what all this Twitter is about follow me @jokicksdarkness

Lionheart

Lionheart
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 14
Member No: 821
Since: 14 Jan 09
Darkside

Added by Lionheart on February 06, 2010 13:46

I'm already happy that I will be able to buy the bonus tracks later on! All those people that tell me how great Gallow's Hill is and I still haven't heard it.. =[ .

ThomatoForce

ThomatoForce
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 366
Member No: 1081
Since: 06 Mar 09
Darkside

Added by ThomatoForce on February 06, 2010 14:10

Maarten, there's a fan video of Gallows Hill on YT, if you wanna hear it

"I WANNA FUCK YOU UP THE ASS!"

Petey Parker

Petey Parker
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 335
Member No: 267
Since: 10 Dec 08
Lightside

Added by Petey Parker on February 06, 2010 14:40

I can't wait for the CD. I was planning on buying it already (it was always part of the plan as others pointed out) and the bonus tracks makes it even sweeter. It's nice to have the MP3s but now I'll be able to get some other formats   Some of the responses on the other thread, you'd think the members of the band had come over and peed in your morning cornflakes and then kicked your mother on the way out the door

minu

minu
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 167
Member No: 1378
Since: 20 May 09
Lightside

Added by minu on February 06, 2010 15:56

haha well said, Mark.

As many of you said, it's very difficult to keep everyone happy.

I know I will surely buy the CD although I'm currently subscribed to the digital downloads, just because I love to have the CDs in my hands (and I'm scared of losing my mp3s haha , and I do love having the mp3s as well, I can take them on my mp3 player anywhere... while I'm riding on the bus, while I'm walking, etc.. you know.

Anyway, I'm grateful for all the stuff we are getting too. Thank you Ash

Post edited 1 times. Last edit 06 Feb 2010 15:56

Nicole

Nicole
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 447
Member No: 17
Lightside

Added by Nicole on February 06, 2010 17:37

I'm happy with that.

When the storm is breaking
And the ghosts are walking
When the walls are shaking
Watch the stars exploding

Mope

Mope
Stormtrooper

Forum Posts: 931
Member No: 2045
Since: 04 Oct 09
Darkside

Added by Mope on February 06, 2010 19:48

What has being anti apple got to do with digital music?

Digital music is one of the greatest things that has ever happened. It can't get scratched, tangled up or broken.
You can carry your whole collection in your pocket and access it wherever you are.
And it doesn't take up loads of room.

I'll still buy the cd though but this is my first cd since demon days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-27to1BkOt4 Command video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uq2uf09TD4

The dead disciples video

Add me on PSN : mopearab

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=529659464

Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5